Saturday, August 7, 2010

Weekend Update

Something has happened that I never thought would occur.....ever!  I joined Dustin in a fishing tournament today!  Today was the leagues first ever Buck and Doe tournament (meaning that each angler was expected to bring a spouse, girlfriend, or child along with them for the tournament). 

I approached this tournament with nerves:  As a girl, I was really worried about important things such as what do I wear?  Do I do my hair?  Do I wear makeup?  Where will I pee?  I  worried that the other wives would be totally in to fishing, decked out completely in Bass Pro Shops gear from the visor to the fishing vest to the clogs...and would wonder who the Tinkerbell was that Dustin brought with him.  In case you are wondering, I did my makeup but didn't spend a ton of time on my hair, I wore shorts and a tank top over my bathing suit, and I held it ALL DAY LONG because I REFUSE to use a portajohn!

We were on the water around 8 (they usually start at 6 but shortened the hours in respect for the ladies!) and this is how I welcomed my day:




BEAUTIFUL! 

I really thought I would not like fishing for that long of a time but I stuck it out most of the 5 hours and had a blast.  I only caught one fish and he was pretty little.  I named him Little John and back in the water he went.  Dustin caught quite a few fish but only one that was a keeper.  The fish have to be a minimum of 14 inches.  His one keeper was 15 and weighed 1.5 pounds.  Our neighbor Phil and his wife Lisa won the tourney with 7.75 lbs total.  Congrats to them!



I didn't get a picture of me holding my fish....I was scared to hold him.  I didn't want to hurt Little John.  I did pet him before he went back in the water though.  I'm sure we will meet again next summer! 

We did not win the tournament but I DID win a door prize, which was a gift card to Kohl's.  I was happy with that!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I am thinking your hubby needs to take you fishing more often to win free clothes! ha! I am glad you had a great time and I know that your DH knows how much you love him now that you held 'it' all day just for him! Your little fishy was cute too.

    ReplyDelete