Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ready and Rearin' to GO!

I had a doc appt this morning for the start of my IVF cycle.  They did an ultrasound, drew blood, and went over the consents with Dustin and I (again!).  The nurse gave us instructions on how to administer the meds...the ones that are to be given IM made Dustin blanch a bit!  Luckily, the nurse who works at Dr Bopps office lives not 5 minutes from us and she said she is willing to give me the shots if Dustin cant.  D says he can give shots to cows and pigs with no problem but giving them to his wife is a whole different story.  We will see how that all pans out....

I start my "Egg makin" meds on Friday (the 13th.  Im going with lucky 13!) and go back to the doc next weds.  Ill keep you posted.

On another note, I told the nurse this morning that I had weighed myself and had put on 10 lbs in the past two weeks.  She said that is normal with Lupron and that the swelling, hot flashes, exhaustion, and weight gain are all normal for "that nasty, nasty drug!"  Her exact words!  I cant afford to keep gaining like this....but at least I know its not just cuz Im a huge pig!  Ha!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. EEK! that is a nasty drug! So, worth it though in the end : )
    The countdown is on!

    ReplyDelete