Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Man plans....God laughs!

I got home from work Saturday and opened my mail.  One of the items was a big bulky package from my insurance company.  I read the accompanying letter, which stated in huge insurance mumbo jumbo words that they were denying my coverage for the embryo adoption.  They cover embryo adoptions, but only in the matter of genetic abnormalities....and my eggs are morphologically abnormal, not genetically.  A play on words,  I suspect!

After numerous phone calls between me, the insurance company, Dr. Bopp (my reproductive endocronoligist, RE) and Dr Adonyia (the embryologist) it has been setteled that my only option is to do IVF again.  The insurance company would not budge.  So.....back to square one!

Can I scream yet?

Thursday, May 20, 2010


Dustin and I went with his family this past weekend to Chicago for the annual Stieglitz family retreat.  We had a great time with the family, downtown Chicago, and even met up with some friends of Dustins for breakfast Sunday morning before church.

We are going camping next weekend if the sun comes out for a few days.  We go every year Memorial Day weekend.  Its a blast!  A group of our friends are going with us:  it will be a weekend full of fun, food, bike rides, fishing, kayaking, and a fire!  I cant wait!  I just checked the weather and its supposed to be nice next week!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Embryos are OURS!

Dustin and I finally made it to the office yesterday to officially sign the embryo papers!  They are now officially ours!  Now its just a waiting game for good ol' Mother Nature to appear!  She needs to visit soon...I need to turn in my time frames to work before they do the schedule!  Ill keep you posted!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Embryo Update

Well, Dustin and I got our paperwork in the mail this past week for the embryos.  We need to go to a notary, or the Midwest Fertlitiy office, and sign them with a witness.  Once this is completed, the embryos are finally and officially ours.  We are hoping to complete that this week.  With that step completed, we continue waiting for my cycle to begin.  We are hoping to do the embryo transfer in July.  We originally wanted to do it right away but, as always, my work dictates my life and we are being forced to wait because of my job!  I will keep you updated.