Saturday, February 6, 2010

A pint of Ben and Jerrys and Flashdance...

Ok....I've been wallowing.  I gave myself permission for a few days.  Is that so bad?!?  Flashdance is my go-to movie when Im sad....and I've watched it more than a few times this week!  But, its time to pull up my big girl britches and get on with life!  So.....here I go!

Dustin and I were chapperones last night at church for the Senior High Lock In from 730 PM to 730 AM.  My own personal version of hell!  I love the kids in the youth group, and I love helping out on Thursday nights, but an entire night of 40 kids screaming at the top of their lungs is more than I can take!  I only lasted until 11:30....then I went home and went to bed.  My stomach was killing me and I really felt like I was going to vomit. There was not one single corner in the church that was quiet, so I went home to my peace and quiet...and my lonely little doggies!  Dustin managed to stay until 430 when he had to leave to go plow snow at Milan Center.  I had every intention of getting up early and going back to the church to help with breakfast (there were many egg casseroles to be baked) but when the alarm went off at 3, my stomach was still aching.  So, back to sleep I went.  I have failed as a leader!

Oh well.....life goes on.  Hopefully the kids all had a great time!  We have the Jr High Lock In coming up so Id better get ready for that!  Do you think they sell Jr high sized muzzles anywhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment