Sunday, December 16, 2012

ADOPTION UPDATE

Many of you know that we have been going back and forth on the idea of adopting.  Its something we WANT to do but it just seems so scary.  For those of you who do not know, we have been considering an Embryo Adoption.  I know this is a bit controversial in some ways, I know there are many arguments for adopting a living child rather than an embryo, I know that some of you will not agree with this.  I know its risky; the odds of it working aren't that great.  But, it appears that this will be the only way that I can ever carry a child and to experience child birth.  And really, if you are of the mind frame that abortion is wrong, and life begins at conception, than how can you be against embryo adoption?  Those embryos are children, too!  Hopefully one of them will be MY child! 

So, with both excitement and fear, we are embarking on a new adventure.  We will be adopting thru the National Embryo Donation Center in Tennessee.  This will require two trips to Knoxville, which will be a little tricky to maneuver with Dustin's work schedule, but we will make it work! 

This is not an inexpensive adventure.  Seeing how EA is not a traditional adoption, we do not qualify for any type of adoption assistance, tax credits, grants, etc...  So the cost of this is completely on us.  In an attempt to afford this, we are making some big changes in our household:

*Dropping our satellite
*Lowering our cell phone plans
*Cutting out many of our numerous family vacations
*Hopefully selling our camper this spring (for those of you who know me, you know this is probably the hardest one for me!!)
* Goals of paying off our vehicles soon and putting that money towards our child

While I am not working a traditional job outside the home (so that I can raise our foster children) I AM now a consultant with Gold Canyon and Thirty-one gifts.  My goal for these "jobs" is to put every cent I earn into our adoption fund!  So, if you would consider hosting a show for either (or both) of these companies, that would greatly help me out!  Thirty-one has their new spring products available in January and a GREAT January host special right now: as a host, you get DOUBLE the hosting dollars!  The new 31 products are really neat: lots of new organizing products and in new bright and cheerful patterns.  I'll post more about this in a few days and will include links to both my websites.  Please just consider hosting in the next few months.  Its a win/win:  you get great products for free or at a discount and I get money towards my adoption goal!

Thanks for following along on our journey with us.  Your prayers and thoughts are much appreciated!

**Any of you who have experience with EA, I would love to hear from you.  I'd love to hear your stories and also any financial tips you may have**

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I really hope this works out for you....praying for your health, the finances, and an extra measure of patience as you start this new journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! It is highly likely you will continue your pregnancy!!! I adopted 2 embryos who are now almost 3 years old!!! Many of us gave birth after the 1st transfer, and if not then the 2nd!!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting! I'm not sure if you've followed my story or not but feel free to check out my blog for our experience with EA. While it wasn't successful for us we don't regret choosing that path at all. We look forward to meeting our 8 adopted snowbabies in heaven someday. Best wishes on your adoption journey!

    ReplyDelete