Thursday, January 28, 2010

An A+ on my labs!

Whoo hoo!  Went to the doctor today and they just called with my lab results.  The nurse said my Progesterone level was at .9 and my Estrodial was at 829.  Your guess is as good as mine as to what that actually means but she said it is "Great!  Exactly what we are looking for!"

So, Yippie!  The other good news is that when I had my ultrasound today, I had 20 follicles!  20 possible Eggs!  I wasn't kidding when I said my ovaries are the size of softballs!  Now, no, not all of those follicles will contain eggs.  And the ones that do, not all of them will be good, viable eggs.  But 20 is a great number to start with.  The more eggs, the better chance of fertilization, and the better the chance of extra embryos to freeze for the future.  

What can I say......I'm an overachiever!  Ha, Ha!

I go back to the doctor for more bloodwork and another ultrasound on Saturday.  The nurse said today that she would not be surprized if I take the Ovidrel shot this weekend, which would put me in Indy early next week for the egg retrieval surgery.  Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment