Monday, July 5, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

What is your favorite children's book?  Which book holds the best memories for you as a child?  Are they one and the same?  Or two different books?  Those of you who know me know how much I love to read pretty much anything I can get my hands on.  So, I've been thinking about children's books today.

A friend of mine and I are hosting a baby shower this evening.  (Yes, I know, ME hosting a BABY SHOWER?!  Ironic, isn't it!?!  It actually isn't bothering me...shes a great gal and I've never felt like she has rubbed her pregnancy in my wounds.  Its actually been kind of fun.)  Part of the invite included wording for those who are coming to bring a children's book, rather than a card.  So, I've been debating which child's book I should take.  I had so many favorites....which to choose?  "Are You My Mother?"  "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs"  "The Velveteen Rabbit" "Amelia Bedelia" "The Bernstein Bears"  I could go on...

I thought I had settled on Cloudy With a  Chance of Meatballs.  I even bought it.  But then found out yesterday someone else also got Oliver (that's the baby's name) that book so now I have a book for if I ever have kids. So....I had a list of things to get done this morning before heading to the church to set up for the shower.  My hubby spent the morning fishing so I called and asked him to stop on his way home and pick me up a new book to save me the time of running to the store.  He came home with two books:  Curious George (which I LOVED as a kid!!!) from me.......and a WWF wrestling book about the Undertaker from him!  FUNNY!  The babies Dad will love it! 

That brings me back to my original question:  What was your favorite book as a child? 

We had a great 4th here.  We had a cookout and invited anyone who wanted to join us.  The pool was a big hit with the kids.  Corn hole and ladderball for the adults!  Thanks to all who came.  We really enjoyed having you here to celebrate the day with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment