Monday, April 8, 2013

Crafty?!? No, not me!

Spring has sprung!  At least, it has INSIDE our home, even if it's not so sure it's here to stay OUTSIDE yet.  March came and went in a flash.  So, my next few posts will hopefully get you up to date on the comings and goings of our house. 


Little M loves to do crafts.  Me, I'm allergic to them.  I hate them.  I break out in hives whenever I have to use scissors, or glue, or do anything at all artistic.  Don't get me wrong...I can appreciate when other people enjoy crafty things.  It's just not something I am good at.  At. All.  Nor is it something I enjoy.  However....since M likes doing those types of things, I've been stretching myself. 

Homemade bathtub paints were a HUGE hit!  She painted the entire bathtub! 

Lets make an Easter Bunny! 

The finished project



Baking I can do without hives :)  Little M helped with the pink frosting on the cupcakes.

I love that they do crafts in both Sunday School and Preschool.  It gets me out of having to do so many at home.  Hee, hee.  And I LOVE that she hung this one up herself! 
Thats it for my crafty side, for now.  This month I'm focusing on outdoor activities and tasks.  MUCH more my style!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes we as moms must stretch ourselves. Me? I hate messes. Like get sick to my stomach, get dizzy and nauseous~ hate messes. So this past spring break when I had NINE kids and ONE adult (ME) tie-dying shirts, it took definite effort to just 'relax' and enjoy making memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bath paint looks like messy fun!!! did it come off ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did! I was a little worried about it staining the walls but it washed right off. I just squirted shaving cream in a muffin tin and then added food coloring to each cup to make the color I wanted. She had 10 colors all together. It was a hit!

    ReplyDelete