Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's a zoo out there

Last weekend Dustin and I made the trip to Indy so see my brother, Tyler and his wife, Janna.  We had a great time!  They took us at a really neat restaurant called the Boatyard.  It was right on the water (overlooking the reservoir that provides all the water for the city of Indianapolis) and had live jazz.  We ate dinner and then went back to the house to celebrate with my annual birthday request: no cake for me...I want pumpkin pie.

On Saturday we went to the Indianapolis Zoo and had an amazing time!  It was perfect weather (60's and sunny) and the animals were all out and sooooo active.  I made a mental note to take our children to the zoo in the fall, rather than in the heat of the summer.  :)

We got to pet the sharks.  Or, really, Dustin got to pet the shark and I just got wet.  I tried to pet him but my arms were too short to reach him without ending up in the pool myself.

This little girl was tossing the ball in her hand up in the air and catching it.  This seal followed the ball over and over.  So cute!


I couldn't resist a picture of this lazy dude!



The giraffes are my FAVORITE!








Shaking off the water after he got out of the pool.

Brother and sister.  One got the beauty, one got the brains.  Which is which?!?

Tyler and Janna and our friend the Polar Bear.


I highly recommend the Indy Zoo for a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment