Life in the Donovan household has been amped up by a whirling dervish in the form of 3 year old "M." "M" came to live with us last Monday. She is beautiful with her straw colored blond hair and blue eyes. And, she is FULL of energy! She is non-stop from the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed. But, she sleeps very well (wouldn't you if you ran 110 miles an hour every waking minute?!?) and for that I am very thankful!
She is so much fun! She loves puzzles, and puppies, and anything PRINCESS! She can be a little bit of a picky eater but we have found that if you make whatever it is she doesn't like (applesauce, blue berry muffins, yogurt, etc) pink, she will gobble it right down! I'm not so sure how healthy it is for her to have the food coloring but, I figure its got to be less healthy than feeding her junk food, which she loves, for every meal, right?
She loves going to hockey games with me! We went to two this past weekend. She did a good job of sitting relatively still, and had her Strawberry Shortcake dolls all lined up on the ledge to watch the game with her. She got to meet Icy the Eagle (the mascot), which made her day. You should have heard her giggles when he kissed her hand! Her little voice (with her speech impediment) calling out "Lets go, Komets" is just too cute for words.
I laugh at how God brought this child to me and he even cared enough about the details to throw in a few that he knew would make me so happy:
* She takes 2-3 hour naps daily (I NEED my down time!)
* She easily goes to bed at 8 PM for me (I was warned that would be a challenge)
* She loves books and puzzles as much as I do. One of my favorite parts of the day is reading to her before bed!
* She is a NEAT FREAK just like me! She makes her bed and cleans up her toys when she is done...without me telling her to.
* She loves bath time and playing for hours in the tub! Literally...hours! I have to go in and add warm water for her.
* She loves to snuggle!
She is such a good little girl. I have fallen head over heels in love with this one! It is a long-shot possibility that we may be able to adopt her eventually but if the day comes when I have to give her back....I'm going to be crushed! I wish I could post pictures so you could see just how much fun we have together (and just how stinkin cute she is!)