Thursday, May 12, 2011

50 nifty thriftys about me!

I so totally stole this from Betty Rubble, a blog I follow. Go visit her to find out more, but first read my list.




1. Introduce yourself...Im Amanda, but my friends call me Mandi.  I live in a small town in Indiana.  I do not have children thanks to rotten eggs and a husband with soldiers who don't march.  We are a match made in Heaven!  We have two dogs that are our family, and a cat who graces us with attention when she deems it necceisary.

2. If it’s Wednesday at noon, where are you usually? Work, getting ready to go to lunch. 


3. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?  Gain.  I love the smell!


4. What brand of shampoo is in your shower right now?  Redkin and Biolage; both for color treated hair


5. Did you ever get into a bar and drink before you were 21?  Probably but I can't honestly remember...but even then I wasn't a heavy drinker...


6. What countries have you been to? Canada, the United States, Spain, Portugal, England, Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Belgium, France, Austria, Switzerland, Wales, Germany


7. Do you watch MTV anymore?  I never really did.  And right now we do not even have a TV so I don't watch anything at all!

8. What do you think about Oprah? I dislike her. She seems genuine, but I personally think its an act.  She does the big giveaways but acts so pious about them.  They are always rediculous things too.  I wont be surprized when I hear she gave away something so crazy like a humpback wale!  EVERYBODY GETS HUMP BACK WAAAALLLEES!  I also think she tells fibs...I saw once where she claimed that she weighed 135.  MY RIGHT EYE!  Plus she has kind of went looney tunes on the whole issue of God.  Enough said.
 
9. What color are your bed sheets?  The ones currently hanging on the line, which will go back on the bed, are yellow.  They are my favorite because they are so soft.

10. You need a new pair of jeans: what store do you go to first?  Vanity


11. Did you ever watch The O.C.?  Never.


12. What kind of car do you drive?  I love my Saturn Vue.  Her name is Vivian.

13. Honestly, is that car insured?  You bet....has to be with the way I drive.  Ha!

14. Do you like sushi?  Love it!


15. Have you ever been to Tiffany & Co. or Saks 5th Ave?  Yes to both...but only to window shop.


16. Did your parents spoil you growing up?  Yes.  My husband would say they still spoil me now.  :)


17. Do you like roller coasters?  Nope.  I used to love them and then discovered a few years back that I am now terrified of them.  I freaked out so much the coaster attendant had me get off the ride before they even started it.  As I was doing the walk of shame down the exit ramp I heard a young boy mutter to me "BABY!"  Thats me: called out by a 6 year old!  It was tramatic at the time but is now a quite funny story!


18. What magazine(s) do you buy regularly or subscribe to?  Bass Master, Simple and Deliscious, and Budget Travel


19. Do you remember the WB show “Popular”? Nope, never heard of it.


20. When you go out do you prefer to go to a dance club or to a bar?  A small hole in the wall bar....the greasier the better.


21. What do you think about gay marriage?  I prefer to refrain from comment.


22. Who do you think Obama will run against and, if he does, will he be re-elected?  Im not sure who he will run against but Im praying its someone who can beat him.  His policies stink!


23. Are you registered to vote? Yes, if you don't vote you have no right to complain.


24. Do you own an iPod?  I own a shuffle and a Nano....both anchient.


25. Is your bathroom filled with beauty stuff?  Yep!  I love hair products, lotions, perfumes, and make up.  I especially love Bare Minerals make up! 


26. What do you normally smell like?  Old Spice Denali deoderant (I sweat like a man and wear mensdeoderant!) and whatever lotions/perfume I felt like that day. 


27. Do you like Carrie Underwood?  Eh....I could take her or leave her.  I'll listen to her if she's the only thing on the radio.


28. Been to “The Vegas”?  Nope...but I'd love to go someday


29. How far away do you live from your parents?  20 minutes from Dad, 3.5 hours from Mom.


30. Are you happy with your job?  I like the people I work with.  It puts money in the savings account.  (Hows that for a PC answer?)


31. Where do you work and what do you do there?  My company has a policy that does not allow me to state where I work.  Lets just say its in the medical field.


32. What did you get in the mail today?  An invite to a wedding shower and a bill from the radiologist for a CT scan I had recently

33. How do you like your steak cooked?  Medium well.


34. Britney Spears…is she back?  Did she go some where?.


35. What do you usually order at Taco Bell?  A Meximelt and a crunchy taco supreme.


36. Have you ever sat all the way through Gone With the Wind?  Yep.  Love that movie!


37. Have you ever been to Mt Rushmore?  Not yet....


38. Is it just me, or was The Marine (w/John Cena) a really horrible movie?  Never saw it...


39. Are surveys/memes like the cocaine of the internet? NO because I can stop at any time!


40. Where is your favorite place (that you have actually been to)?  Florence, Italy.  It's beautiful....I could easily live there.

41. What is your favorite candle scent?  Pomegranite from Gold Canyon

42. Do you believe places can really be haunted?  Yes.  At one time I would have said "no" but I've lived in a haunted house.  It was crazy.  You would hear voices all the time, foot steps, things would turn up missing and then reappear later in odd places (with smells on them that were NOT mine).  One time I came home and there was a trail of paper clips all over the house, another time a trail of marshmallows....it was nutso and a little freaky.

43. Do you smoke cigarettes?  *hack* *cough* *Wheeze*

44. Have you ever been to NYC or LA?  Yes....I LOVE NYC!  I would love to live there or Chicago for a while.


45. How many states have you been to where all you saw was the airport? None.



46. Do you think 50 questions is enough? Yes, I'm getting tired.




47. Are you currently planning a trip?  Yes, to Michigan for summer vacation to our families lake cottage, to Texas over Labor Day weekend, to Alaska for our 10 year anniversary.




48. Is Ryan Seacrest gay? Should anyone care?  Leave the poor guy alone....so he's a nice dresser and has good hair...who cares?!?!


49. Do you take anti-depressants? Sleeping pills?  Nope, but I probably should...


50. What do you think about space travel?  I can't say I've ever really thought about it....but if I had to form an opinion, I would say there are much better things our government could be spending their money on!

No comments:

Post a Comment