I just realized this morning that quite a bit of time has passed since I last posted on my blog. Surprise! (I meant that in the most sarcastic way!)
While I have a moment to catch my breath before chaos ensues, let me do a quick summary of what has taken place here at the Donovan house since I last posted:
*We had 3 foster boys placed in our home. Two were special needs, one INCREDIBLY special needs! WAAAAAYYY beyond my skill/patience level. They were with us for 2 weeks and then moved to a home with a greater special needs license.
* Multiple camping trips
* Trip to the Indiana Dunes with the Stieglitz family
* We welcomed two foster girls into our home about three weeks ago now. A and R. They are ages 12 and soon to be 11. One is autistic, which brings its own challenges, but they are fantastic girls and we are having so much fun with them. They love to do crafts, swim, and play dress up.
* I quit my job.....with a LOT of reservations about doing so. We will see how this works out. I'm trusting God will provide.
* Dustin has been working on crew since Feb so works 4 days on (12 hour shifts) and 4 days off and its swing shift that rotates every week. When he works, he is gone from 7:45 (AM or PM, depending on the week) and returns around 10 (again, AM or PM, depending). Its a tough schedule but 4 days off every week is nice! I miss him when he's gone and I'm excited that, now that I do not have to get up at 3 AM every day for work, I can stay up to see him when he gets home from working the day shift.
* We are preparing for our family vacation to Hilton Head in a few weeks. The girls have a count down to the day we are leaving!
* We celebrated my Dads birthday, along with A's birthday this month. R's birthday is also this month so we will celebrate that soon.
I hope everyone is having a great summer so far!